Out of 50 TED Talks that I've recently watched, here are my top 10:
(ranked in order with 1 being my most favorite)
1. Every Kid Needs a Champion - Rita Pierson
"Kids don't learn from people they don't like."
2. How Great Leaders Inspire Action - Simon Sinek
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."
3. Meet the Mom who Started the Ice Bucket Challenge - Nancy Frates
Listen to her story, and the story of her young son who was diagnosed with ALS.
4. The Little Problem I had Renting a House - James A. White
Captivating anecdotes about what it was like to experience everyday racism.
5. How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime - Nadine Harris
An informed, passionate plea for pediatric medicine to confront these issues head on.
6. Let's Use Video to Reinvent Education - Salman Khan
How & why he created Khan academy with how he thinks education should be.
7. Why I Live in Mortal Dread of Public Speaking - Megan Washington
One of Australia's premiere singer/songwriters who has had a stutter since childhood.
8. Why Some People Find Exercise Harder Than Others - Emily Balcetis
A social psychologist talks about vision & what a difference it really makes.
9. Happy Maps - Daniele Quercia
It'll account for the route you want to take & how you want to feel during.
10. A Forensic Anthropologist that Brings Closure for the Disappeared - Fredy Peccerelli
How his team uses DNA, story-telling & archaeology to bring closure.
What're your favorite TED Talks? What do you think of the ones I loved?
Photo credit: Unsplash
Blog posts from 2014-2015 were transferred from my original blog on blogger, Oshiro Design, to my updated website, oshirodesigns.com