I got the Summer Challenge idea from Roots & Whim, read about it here!
I love this idea because I'm not taking any classes for a few months, so I want to be productive in other ways this summer. I know things are going to be insane around the end of August until December, so that's why I wanted to invest my time wisely and start my blog now. I also have some other goals that I want to work on, so that's where #SummerChallengeRW comes in! By putting it into words and posting it on my blog and making a physical copy to hang around my work space, I can stay accountable.
Hopefully this challenge will inspire you all as it did me! I would love to know who is participating, and if applicable, I would love a link to the blog post or a picture of your goals. I always read and respond to comments, they're the fuel to my fire!
Here is a list of my 5 goals:
1. Learn Japanese: It's such a huge undertaking that I've always avoided it. I'm half-Japanese, but born and raised in the US. That being said, I really want to connect more with my foreign side, and my boyfriend is also interested in learning the language, so hopefully we can help each other out!
2. Grow my blog: Oshiro Design is only a few weeks old and I want it to really blossom over the next few months (and potentially, years!). I can't wait to see what my hard work brings.
3. Read: My favorite pastime! I'm upset that I don't do it more. I always manage to find excuses (some are more legitimate than others) but ultimately, my "to-read" list is way too long and I need to spend less time in front of the TV and more time reading.
4. Eat healthier: I'm eating out entirely too much, a lot of which has to do with my roommate and living situation and Chris, but either way, it's incredibly unhealthy. Fruits and vegetables are my favorite, so hopefully that'll incentivize me more!
5. Make stomach progress: For months I've been having stomach issues (nausea after eating random things and alcohol, etc.) and after seeing a few doctors, I've gotten discouraged (they don't know what's wrong and/or they have completely asinine opinions). It's not good to stay in the dark like this, so I need to be willing to really find out what the issue is.
Blog posts from 2014-2015 were transferred from my original blog on blogger, Oshiro Design, to my updated website, oshirodesigns.com