Summer typically means school's out and there's more free-time than usual (and more sunlight to add to the more usable hours of the day). However, after a while, there's seemingly less to do and that itch to go back to school (or have Fall return) starts. Here are some ideas to help fight that summer boredom!
1. Have a picnic
2. Start a blog
3. Work on that DIY project you've been putting off (or anything you've been putting off)
4. Go through your closet or home & get rid of things you don't wear or don't need
5. Instead of a spring cleaning, do a major summer cleaning
6. Catch up on a neglected show or start a new series
7. Have a party (invite some friends for a potluck or movie marathon)
8. Take your dog to the dog park
9. Relax with a book on the beach or in a local coffee shop
10. Try a new restaurant or a new shop- support local businesses!
11. Pamper yourself at home with a facial, paint your nails, take a bath, etc.
12. Try a new class (pottery, yoga, design course- anything!)
13. Learn a new language (or practice one you've already attempted)
14. Do something especially nice for your significant other, friend or family member
15. Bake some goodies for yourself/friends or spend some time in the kitchen cooking a really nice dinner
16. Go to a drive-in movie theater (if they're available in your area- if not, try a regular movie theater)
17. Save up and attend a local concert
18. Splurge on tickets for a professional sports game
19. Go ice skating
20. Start and finish a creative project (write a short story, paint, sew, etc)
21. Look into theme parks or water parks
22. Think about taking a weekend getaway somewhere relatively close
23. Go wine tasting or tour a brewery
24. Be open-minded and watch some documentaries
25. Make a list of things you've been neglecting to do (like clean out the gutters, get new prescription glasses, write thank you cards, etc.) & get them done over the new few weeks
26. Cultivate a garden
27. Take a walk through the park- either with a pet, a friend, or both!
28. Visit nature in a more extreme way: camping, hiking or backpacking
29. Anything on your bucket list? Do it now! Skydiving, para-sailing, etc.
30. Start exercising or train for a 5k (or bigger, if you're already an avid runner)
31. Volunteer your time once or a few times a week
32. Spend an entire day, no distractions, with your kids (or newphews, cousins, etc)- doing whatever they want to do
33. Reach out to old friends or family members you haven't spoken to in a while- whether it's via snail mail (who doesn't love receiving mail!?), e-mail, a phone call, etc.
34. Spend the entire day with your parents (or one whole day dedicated to mom & one whole day dedicated to dad) and spend the day how they would love to
35. Host a game night and ask friends to bring over a game or a small appetizer and customize your evening!
36. Pick out an awesome puzzle to complete by yourself or with your partner
37. Choose a bad habit you currently have and work on breaking it over the summer
38. Try something you wouldn't ordinarily try (has your spouse/friend begged you to go to the gun range with them? Attend comic-con? Maybe try watching their favorite series?)
39. Be selfish. Do you love to shop and go to the spa? Do exactly what you love for a day. Read an entire book holed up by yourself, or if you love to spend the day with friends, pick an activity that allows for that
40. Choose a hobby and become better at it
These are just a few ideas I came up with- let me know if you like any of them enough to try or recommend to friends. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter and Pinterest if you like what you see on my blog!
Blog posts from 2014-2015 were transferred from my original blog on blogger, Oshiro Design, to my updated website, oshirodesigns.com