It's been about 5 months since I created my new 101 in 1001 list... so I decided it was time to do an update! If you haven't heard about it, it's a list that you make of 101 things you want to accomplish in 1001 days, which is almost 3 years- about 2.75 to be more exact. Check out mine for some ideas, and google for some more! This is actually my second time doing this list. I did not get to cross off everything last time, but I did make a major dent, and I pushed myself to accomplish a lot- like SKYDIVING! It's not really about crossing off everything (the destination), but more about the experiences (the journey).
I figure that it would be worth it to post an update every so often, maybe a few times a year, to remind myself of my goals and to get my audience interested in creating their own list!
In honor of full disclosure, it's been a while since I've looked at my list, so I was happily surprised to note that I crossed off 6 more things since I last looked at it months ago:
7. Find a new podcast I love (04.15.17) - Up and Vanished - this podcast is amazing if you haven't checked it out yet. Almost like Serial- which I loved (the first season, anyway- I couldn't get into the second).
22. Refrain from buying anything superfluous for a month (04.30.17) - Besides the necessities like groceries, I haven't gotten any clothing items or splurged on any unneeded items... I'm sure you've heard a million times, but I'm trying my best to save my extra income for the wedding!
58. Start a new series (02.27.17) - The Wedding Series! I already have 3 posts out, and they typically come out the last day of the month (Mon, Wed, or Fri only). I have many ideas, so I'll either keep it running at once a month until after my wedding or stop them when my wedding happens but post more than once a month- we'll see!
82. Try a new fitness class (05.01.17) - I signed up for DailyBurn and I love it so far- I'm a week in on the BB&T workout plan- it's 3 weeks long, so 2 more to go. Then I really want to try Barre Harmony from them. So excited about my new fitness plans.
90. Pay for a stranger’s coffee, toll, etc. (03.11.17) - I paid for someone's toll when I went to visit my parents! Not exciting or extravagant, but hopefully it made them smile!
These are the items that will be crossed off soon!:
8. See a movie at the drive-in - As I'm typing this, Chris and I have plans to go to the drive in (FINALLY) to watch the second Guardians of the Galaxy!
33. Work on my attitude, being able to let go and patience - I could probably cross this off at any time, but I'll hold out until I really feel like I've been making a ton of progress. I am making definite progress now, but this is something I will continue to work on!
45. Throw out/donate 20 things without replacement (10/20) - Chris and I have both been purging our closets so while I didn't have a ton of items (I routinely purge), he definitely had a ton. I also finally came to peace with the fact that I can't wear most of my jeans from high school anymore and put them in the donate pile...
79. Learn lettering - When I finally get around to starting my 100 Days Challenge (which is on my 101 list too), I think I want to try lettering as my medium. My dream is to beautifully hand letter each wedding invite. A lot of work, but I think it's a gorgeous hand touch.
86. Tone my stomach - I mean, hopefully this is coming soon since I've been working out and trying to eat healthier/eliminate most sugar.
101. Surprise Chris with a get-away trip - I'm thinking about planning a quick weekend getaway for our 4 year dating anniversary! :)
Do you have a 101 in 1001? Would you try it? What items would you have on yours?
Blog posts from 2014-2015 were transferred from my original blog on blogger, Oshiro Design, to my updated website, oshirodesigns.com